T Series Stainless Steel Discs in Pre-assembled Cartridge for Medium to High Torque Applications (Imperial)
John Crane’s Metastream® TDC/TSC/TLC Series are metallic membrane (disc) couplings that incorporate industry leading scalloped, stainless steel, flexible membranes with imperial flange hardware. They are specifically designed to meet the API 610 (ISO 13709) and ISO 14691 standards. With an excellent power to weight ratio and fit-and-forget reliability, these couplings are ideally suited for your API equipment. The TDC is a four-link design for lower power requirements, the TSC is a six-link design for medium power requirements, and the TLC is an eight-link design for larger power requirements. Torque is transmitted and misalignment accommodated through two sets of membranes, separated by a spacer element, and protected by two guard rings in a pre-assembled transmission unit. The transmission unit design means a replacement unit can be easily dropped between your equipment to ensure it is up and running as quickly as possible. The coupling provides a strong level of angular, lateral and axial misalignment, while maintaining a high level of balance integrity. Spark resistance, electrical insulation, limited end float, axial adjustment shims and torque limiting options are available.
- California Residents: PROPOSITION 65 WARNING
- Easy to fit.
- Meets API 610, ISO 13709.
- Intrinsic balance meets AGMA class 9.
- Anti-fly retention of the spacer in the unlikely event of membrane failure.
- Puller holes incorporated into hubs as standard.
- Special thread form ensures hub bolts have all-metal, self-locking feature for security. This allows the bolts to be used repeatedly without compromising their integrity.
- Compression and jacking bolt features allow for easy installation and removal of spacer assembly as standard.
- Ideally suited to pump applications.
- High misalignment capability.
- Low imposed forces on machinery, leading to reduced machinery vibration and maximized bearing life.
- Stainless steel flexible membranes for maximum life.
- Cartridge transmission unit eases assembly and gives repeatable balance.
- Overload collars are fitted to protect the flexible membrane in case of severe torsional overload.
- Maximum Rating
- 6,571 HP/100 rpm
- Maximum Continuous Torque
- 4,141,300 lb. in.
- Maximum Peak Torque
- 8,282,600 lb. in.
- Maximum Speed
- 25,500 rpm
- Maximum Bore (Shaft)
- Electric motors
- Marine turbine main propulsion
- High Duty Pumps
- Power generation
- Standard bore process pumps
- Chemical processing
- API 610 Pumps
- Oil and gas (refineries)
- Pipeline Pumps
- High speed pump and gearbox