GS 74 Steam
Global Standardized Pressurized Steam Supply Panel
The GS 74 - Steam global standardized system is an optimized, pre-engineered design based on John Crane’s fluid control expertise and engineering excellence. The GS 74 - Steam is a best-practice solution that significantly reduces specification review and delivery schedules and delivers pressurized barrier steam for optimal mechanical seal performance and reliability.
The GS Plan 74 - Steam supports a dual pressurized non contacting gas seal by conditioning and controlling the continuous supply of pressurized dry steam. It features an upstream and downstream panel including a condensate separator, pressure regulator, check valve, steam traps, and instrumentation to monitor the pressure in the panel. This product performs a similar function to the Plan 74 piping plan as defined in API 682 4th Edition, modified to operate with steam as the barrier fluid instead of nitrogen or argon. The GS 74 - Steam is designed to support non-contacting mechanical seals meeting the specification of API 682 4th Edition.
This product has been specifically designed to provide the ideal support environment for the 2874HTC non-contacting metal bellows seal.
For non contacting seals requiring a pressurized barrier gas other than steam, see the GS 74.
- Best practice design delivers clean, pressure controlled steam barrier for optimal mechanical seal performance and centrifugal pump uptime
- Assured dry steam at the seal provided by the condensate separator in the upstream panel, and steam traps in the downstream panel during pump operation and standby
- Safeguards against the toughest environments and provides full containment of VOCs for zero-emission control
- Streamlined design to minimize footprint and obstruction
- Allows reliable operation of a non-contacting, gas-lubricated seal to achieve high reliability, zero-emission sealing of volatile or hazardous fluids
- Standard four-week lead time
- Can be supplied with a protective enclosure to prevent accidental contact with hot pipework
- Pressure Limits
- Design: 0 to 20 bar / 0 to 290 psi
Operation: 18 bar / 260 psi
- Design: -20°C to 215°C / -4°F to 420°F
Ambient: -7° to 43°C / 20° to 110°F
- System Assembly
- Panel, Tube, and Fittings 316 SS
- System Compliance
- Confirm steam compatibility with process fluid
- Arduous applications demanding pressurized barrier fluid
- Wide range of applications requiring high reliability across oil and gas, chemical and general Industry, and high-purity and organics
- Elevated pressure and heat dissipation requirements
- High abrasives content