High-performance, Reduced-moment Design for Low Overhung Moment (API 671 and ISO 10441)
H-R series couplings are designed for medium- to high-speed turbomachinery applications where low overhung moment and light weight with a high degree of reliability are critical. The couplings are manufactured in high alloy steel, with high-strength stainless steel flexible elements, supported by aircraft standard fastenings. The couplings are generally balanced to API 671 or similar, with pilot location to retain a very high level of repeatability.
- California Residents: PROPOSITION 65 WARNING
- H-R hub/flex units are designed to accommodate typical machine shaft sizes for turbo-compressor applications.
- The separate spacer can be varied to provide the appropriate distance between shaft ends and the required torsional stiffness to suit individual applications.
- Reduced moment arrangement.
- Flexible discs visible for easy inspection.
- Factory assembled hub/flex element units.
- High-reliability stainless steel flexible disc design.
- Shrouded bolts to reduce windage.
- Built-in overload collars for additional safety.
- Full compliance with ISO10441 (API 671) — no exceptions.
- Maximum Rating
- 60,715 kW/1,000 rpm (8,122 HP/100 rpm)
- Maximum Continuous Torque
- 579,828 Nm (5,131 lb.in x 103)
- Maximum Peak Torque
- 985,708 Nm (8,724 lb.in x 103)
- Maximum Speed
- 34,800 rpm
- Maximum Bore
- 315 mm (12")
- Electric motors
- Gas turbines
- Screw Compressors