High-performance, Reduced-moment Design for Low Overhung Moment (API 671 and ISO 10441)
H-R series couplings are designed for medium- to high-speed turbomachinery applications where low overhung moment and light weight with a high degree of reliability are critical. The couplings are manufactured in high alloy steel, with high-strength stainless steel flexible elements, supported by aircraft standard fastenings. The couplings are generally balanced to API 671 or similar, with pilot location to retain a very high level of repeatability.
- California Residents: PROPOSITION 65 WARNING
- H-R hub/flex units are designed to accommodate typical machine shaft sizes for turbo-compressor applications.
- The separate spacer can be varied to provide the appropriate distance between shaft ends and the required torsional stiffness to suit individual applications.
- Reduced moment arrangement.
- Flexible discs visible for easy inspection.
- Factory assembled hub/flex element units.
- High-reliability stainless steel flexible disc design.
- Shrouded bolts to reduce windage.
- Built-in overload collars for additional safety.
- Full compliance with ISO10441 (API 671) — no exceptions.
- Maximum Shaft
- Maximum Torque
- 580,000 Nm (5,130,000 lbf/in)
- Speed Limits
- 37,700 rpm
- Temperature Limits
- -65°F to 300°F/-55°C to 150°C
- Electric motors
- Gas turbines