M Series Multiple Membrane Straight Diaphragm Coupling with Stainless Steel Discs in Pre-assembled Double Diaphragm Pack
With John Crane’s Metastream® MOD Series coupling range, the torque is transmitted through a pre-assembled pack with a built-in anti-fly feature to help protect your equipment. The coupling provides a strong level of angular, lateral and axial misalignment, while maintaining a high level of balance integrity. In the unlikely event of membrane (disc) failure due to a torque overload or excessive misalignment, the coupling will disconnect the drive, permitting the driven machine to safely come to rest without further damage to the equipment. This series has two diaphragms built into a single pre-assembled pack which allows it to be used on four bearing applications with short shaft separations. The pre-assembled pack is available in numerous material combinations, including a spark resistant option.
- California Residents: PROPOSITION 65 WARNING
- Easy-to-fit cartridge and membrane units.
- Meets ATEX and API 610.
- Intrinsic balance meets AGMA class 9.
- High misalignment capability.
- Stainless steel flexible membranes for maximum life.
- Excellent power-to-weight ratio.
- Cartridge membrane design reduces stock inventory.
- Low imposed forces on machinery leading to a reduced machinery vibration and maximized bearing life.
- Anti-fly pretention in the unlikely event of membrane failure.
- Standard API puller holes incorporated into hubs.
- Maximum Rating
- 6,500 kW/1,000 rpm or 872 HP/100 rpm
- Maximum Continuous Torque
- 62,070 Nm or 549,366 lb.in.
- Maximum Peak Torque
- 286,479 Nm or 2,535,554 lb.in.
- Maximum Speed
- 24,000 rpm
- Maximum Bore (Shaft)
- 292 mm or 11.5”
- Electric motors
- High Duty Pumps
- Standard bore process pumps
- High speed pump and gearbox
- Chemical processing
- API 610 Pumps
- Oil and gas (refineries)