Abrasive Service Aramid and Meta-aramid Packings
John Crane styles K1730, K1760, K1761 and K1771 are constructed of high-tensile strength, abrasion-resistant fibers. Servicing a wide range of abrasive and slurry services, temperatures, pressures and shaft speeds, these styles offer excellent chemical-resistant characteristics. These products feature dimensional stability, resilience, conformability and extrusion resistance. John Crane recommends the use of hardened shaft or sleeves and flush to reduce shaft or sleeve damage.
- California Residents: PROPOSITION 65 WARNING
- K1730 — Kevlar® filament fibers with PTFE dispersion and a high-temperature break in lubricant.1
- K1760 — Spun aramid fibers thoroughly impregnated with PTFE dispersion preventing process penetration plus a break in lubricant.
- K1761 — Spun aramid fibers treated with a proprietary blend of petroleum based lubricants plus an external coating of graphite.
- K1771 — Spun white meta-aramid fibers thoroughly impregnated with PTFE dispersion plus a compatible silicone-free lubricant.
- Applications — Static or dynamic/abrasives, water, medium acids and caustics, gases, oils, steam, solvents, wastewater, slurries, paper stock, liquors, asphalt, fly ash, condensate.
- Standard sizes — Styles K1730, K1760, K1761, and K1771 are available in standard cross-section sizes from 1/8" to 1" in 1/16" increments. As John Crane spools, these standard sizes are available for immediate shipment. Metric and larger sizes are available upon request. Packing can be die-formed to exact dimensions for ease of installation and enhanced performance.
- Temperature Limits
- K1730: -400°F to 500°F/-240°C to 260°C
K1760/K1761: -170°F to 500°F/-110°C to 260°C
K1771: -170°F to 550°F/-110°C to 288°C
- Pressure Limits
- K1730/K1760/K1771 pump: 500 psi(g)/34 bar(g)
K1761 pump: 300 psi(g)/20 bar(g)
K1760 valve: 1000 psi(g)/68 bar(g)
- Speed Limits
- K1730/K1760: 2000fpm/10m/s
- pH Range
- K1730/K1760: 2 to 12
K1761: 3 to 10
K1771: 1 to 13