Type 7848 (W, D)
Modular Wet- or Dry-running Cartridge Seal for Mixer and Agitator Applications
Type 7848 is part of the 7800 Vessel Seal family. The 7800 family consists of heavy-duty, dual pressurized, back-to-back, pusher cartridge seals designed for mixing and agitating equipment. This flexible seal family incorporates modular hardware to provide maximum interchangeability and is available in four different configurations (7828G, 7828GD, 7848W, 7848D), which are specified by the applied seal face technology. Type 7848 is characterized by the use of standard wet seal and special dry running seal faces technology. For details on the non-contacting gas seal versions, please see product description of seal Type 7828.
Type 7848 is available in two variants. The Type 7848W is a conventional wet-running seal that needs an external liquid for lubrication, whereas the 7848D is using special dry-running face materials that allow for application of a gas as barrier fluid. Advantages of contacting dry-running seals include freedom from contamination by barrier liquid at a low face wear rate together with a cost-efficient, easy-to-install (gas) supply system. Wet seals usually can cope with higher pressures and speeds and are less susceptible against solids. Type 7848 is therefore a perfect solution for general purpose and heavy-duty applications.
The 7800 Vessel Seal family was originally developed for the North American market. Therefore, all measurements follow imperial units, and standard designs are available for inch-sized agitator shafts from 1.000" to 5.000". Adaptations to interim or metric-sized shafts are available on request. The Type 7800 Series generally accommodates large amounts of radial run-out. Therefore, an integrated radial bearing is only available as an option for additional shaft stability. For protection against product contamination by barrier fluid or wearing face particles, a debris well option is available.
- California Residents: PROPOSITION 65 WARNING
- Dual-pressurized cartridge seal for steel vessels
- Back-to-back seal arrangement with balanced faces
- Liquid-lubricated (7848W) or contacting dry-running (7848D) face options available
- Reversed pressure capabilities inboard
- Accommodates large amount of radial shaft run-out
- Bearing option available
- Debris well options available
- Broad range of material option include FDA or USP compliant materials
- Standard design for inch-sized agitator shafts (1.000" - 5.000")
- Special designs, interim or metric sizes and material options on request
- Axial movement: 0.093"/2.36mm max.
- Out of square: 0.003" max.
- Angular deflection limit: 2.41 degrees
- Temperature Limits
- Dry: -40°F to 400°F/-40°C to 205°C
Wet: -40°F to 500°F/-40°C to 260°C
- Pressure Limits
- Dry: Vacuum to 275 psi(g)/19 bar(g)
Wet: Vacuum to 300 psi(g)/21 bar(g)
- Speed Limits
- Dry: 400fpm/2m/s
- Size Limits
- 1" to 5"
- Runout Limit
- 0.125" TIR/3.18mm TIR