Type 5282 (W, D, G, GD)
Modular, High-performance, Hygienic Design Agitator Seal for Special Alloy Vessels
Type 5282 is part of the 5280 hygienic vessel seal family. Please find general technical and hygienic design features of this family in the description of Type 5280. The Type 5282 was developed for applications on reaction vessels made of special alloys or metals such as Hastelloy® or titanium. As these materials are very expensive, their usage for adaptive seal hardware was reduced to a minimum. Due to the special design features of the 5280 seal family, this could be achieved by splitting the flange into two parts. The larger part containing all fittings and connections is made of stainless steel, whereas a smaller flange insert designed to cover all product-wetted flange surfaces is made of the corresponding special metal. All other components and features are similar to Type 5280.
- California Residents: PROPOSITION 65 WARNING
- Dual-pressurized cartridge seal for reaction vessels made of special alloys with rotating seat design inboard for optimal clean ability.
- Modular design concept with interchangeable components.
- Squared PTFE-based secondary sealing elements (PRP-Ring) improve clean ability and secure a broad chemical and temperature application range.
- Design of standard version adapted from DIN 28138 considering qualified hygienic design criteria (QHD).
- Product-wetted materials are in compliance with FDA requirements for food contact.
- Special designs or material options such as USP Class VI compliant polymers are available on request.
- Type 5282 is available in four variants of lubrication system:
- 5282 D — Dry-running contacting seal
- 5282 G — Gas-lubricated non-contacting seal
- 5282 GD — Gas-lubricated non-contacting inboard, dry running outboard
- Suitable for application in explosive areas. Certificates of conformity according to European Directive 2014/34/EU (ATEX) Cat. 3, 2 or 1 on request.
- Temperature Limits
- -40°F to 392°F/-40°C to 200°C (-148°F/-100°C modified)
- Pressure Limits
- Vacuum to 6 bar(g)
- Speed Limits
- Size Limits
- 40mm to 220mm