Non-pusher Secondary Containment Seal
8628VSC is a standardized non-pusher elastomer, dry running non-contacting secondary containment seal designed specifically for refined oil hydrocarbon services, with a focus on meeting the demanding requirements of pipeline pumping station duties.
The main risk of seal failure in these applications is due to the numerous problems associated with the secondary dynamic O-ring, potentially resulting in hang-up, fretting or stub sleeve wear. The design of the 8628VSC completely eliminates these common problems.
The 8628VSC is used in tandem with a primary seal such as the 8648VRS. In response to primary seal leakage or in the event of failure, the 8628VSC faces close down to seal the process and direct process flow to flare or drain. This represents a less complex alternative to dual unpressurized seals using an API Plan 52.
- California Residents: PROPOSITION 65 WARNING
- Unique proven secondary seal technology prevents wear to sealing diameter and prevents secondary seal hang-up
- Simplified dual containment using plan 72 enables remote operation
- Non-contacting operation — compressed gas in the grooves separates faces and creates a non-contacting seal with near zero wear and long seal life
- Patented bi-directional groove pattern enables seal to keep running successfully even with sudden change in shaft direction
- Axially compact and easy to install seal head assembly
- Balanced design and premium face materials enables high pressure capability
- Ear drive design on primary ring increase drive torque capability
- 90-shore elastomer for robust construction
- No O-rings in the pusher head assembly to fret under pump shuttling
- Non-compressible flexible elastomer bellows
- Temperature Limits
- -4°F to 400°F / -20°C to 204°C
- Speed Limits
- Up to 6,000fpm/31.5m/s Non-Crude
- Pipeline Pumps