Cost-effective Cartridge Slurry Seal
Our Type 5840 single-cartridge seal encompasses many of the advantages associated with heavy-duty seal design, encased in a cost-effective package. Designed for the volume requirements associated with general mining processing duties, it contains robust primary and secondary seal face materials, making it the perfect general-purpose seal for slurry applications.
Recommended for You
- California Residents: PROPOSITION 65 WARNING
- Non-clogging, elastomer-encased cone spring applies constant spring load, eliminating dynamic O-rings.
- Hydraulically balanced design with no sliding O-rings to cause hang-up.
- Operates without flush, removing the need for circulation plans.
- Operates with or without water quench.
- Cartridge configuration allows for ease of installation.
- Standard materials specified to meet the requirements of many duties; alternatives available where required.
- Fully interchangeable with many designs already installed in the field.
- Temperature Limits
- 167°F to 248°F/75°C to 120°C with water quench
- Pressure Limits
- 300 psi(g)/21 bar(g)
- Speed Limits
- Standard Materials
- Wetted metal components: Duplex, Stainless steel - disc spring encasulated in Aflas
Other metal components: 304 & 302 stainless steel, 316 stainless steel
Sealing rings: Silicon carbide
Elastomers: Aflas Tetrafluoroethylene/propylene, copolymer (TFE/P)
- Process pumps
- Other rotating equipment
Hundreds of experts. Over 200 global locations. Innovation and service to help you succeed.