Single Mechanical Seals for Sulzer Process Pumps
The Safeseal Type SE1 is a customer-fitted (OEM standard) single, balanced component or cartridge seal designed for clean and lubricating fluids such as water, different types of oils, solvents and paper stock. The Type SE1 seal is designed especially for the Sulzer APP and APT pump series and Scan pump. The SE1 seal is easy to install and maintain. In spite of its simple design, SE1 is very advanced in its technical capabilities, including, for example, a patented thermal method for seal face holding and an elastic thrust ring.
Several variants of the design available for different services:
- Type SE1C — single, balanced, cartridge seal, used in Sulzer Scan pump
- Type SE1F — single, balanced cartridge seal with flush
Recommended for You
- California Residents: PROPOSITION 65 WARNING
- Balanced design — undisturbed operation even with sudden pressure shocks.
- Spring located in the stationary body of the seal — shaft misalignment does not pump up the spring or wear out the O-ring.
- Installation against the shaft shoulder — easy installation reduces risk of human error. No measurements required for installation.
- No drive pins at seals — seal face does not crack at start-up.
- Available in different materials — selection covers all possible single seal applications.
- Temperature Limits
- Pressure Limits
- Process pressure: 215 psi(g)/15 bar(g)
- Speed Limits
- Standard Materials
- Seal faces: SiC/Carbon or SiC/SiC
O-rings: PTFE, EPDM, Viton
Metals: AISI 329 (standard), titanium, UHB
Springs: Nimonic steel
- Process pumps
- Other rotating equipment