Heavy-duty Single-cartridge Seals with Non-pressurized Quench
The Safeseal Type SBW is a single-cartridge seal used with unpressurized quench. The Type SBW seal can be used in many general industry applications. The option to use Type SBW with grease quench makes this seal suitable to be used in mines and other applications where seal water is not available. The design ensures reliable performance and longevity under demanding conditions. Typical applications include paper stock pumps in the paper industry and high-temperature condensate. The Type SBW cartridge seal fits other process equipment, such as agitators, in addition to pumps.
The variant of the design available for different services:
- Type SBWG — a single cartridge seal used with grease quench
Recommended for You
- California Residents: PROPOSITION 65 WARNING
- Balanced design — sudden changes in pressure do not affect seal function.
- Springs are located in the stationary part of the seal, in the seal water; shaft misalignment will not vibrate the springs or wear out the O-rings. The seal water washes the springs.
- Cartridge design — no measurements necessary for installation, easy to install, reduces possibilities of human error.
- No drive pins in contact with faces — no face-cracking during start-up.
- Available in different materials — selection covers all single applications.
- Unpressurised water quench — at high temperatures, the seal is cooled with an unpressurised (quench) wash. A V-ring prevents wash water leakage.
- Temperature Limits
- SBW: 300°F/150°C
- Pressure Limits
- SBW process pressure: 215 psi(g)/15 bar(g)
Seal water pressure: 7 psi(g)/.5 bar(g)
- Speed Limits
- Standard Materials
- Seal faces: SiC/Carbon or SiC/SiC
O-rings: PTFE, EPDM, Viton, FFKM
Metals: AISI 329 and 316 standard, titanium, Hastelloy, UHB
Springs: Nimonic steel, Hastelloy C 276
- Process pumps
- Other rotating equipment
Hundreds of experts. Over 200 global locations. Innovation and service to help you succeed.