Integrated Double Mechanical Seal for Demanding Conditions
Type JCS2 seals are designed to be used in pumps for environmentally hazardous and abrasive liquids when operating limits for single-acting seals are exceeded. The double-balanced design of the seal allows the use of both pressurized and non-pressurized sealant fluid. This design ensures reliable and long-lasting operation under the most demanding conditions, reducing seal fluid consumption, and prevents environmental emissions.
Several variant of the design available for different services:
- JCS2P — OEM (Sulzer Ahlstar Up) Engineered double external stationary spring O-ring mounted seal
- JCS2A — Double application-specific seal for Sulzer liquid ring pumps and Andritz ACP pumps
- JCS2M — Double application-specific seal for Sulzer multistage pumps
- JCS2-MC — Double application-specific seal for Andritz MC-pumps
- JCS2E — Double application-specific seal for Sulzer hot liquid pumps
Recommended for You
- California Residents: PROPOSITION 65 WARNING
- The seal is fully integrated into the pump.
- No measurements required for installation, reducing risk for error.
- Shaft misalignment does not pulsate the spring or wear out the O-ring.
- Torque transmission with super elastic devices, combined with no drive pins at seals faces. This eliminates possible start-up failures.
- Seal utilizes the integrated and advanced SmartFlow seal water control technology, reducing more than 90% seal water savings usage.
- Temperature Limits
- Pressure Limits
- Process pressure: 350 psi(g)/25 bar(g)
Seal water pressure: 215 psi(g)/15 bar(g)
- Speed Limits
- Standard Materials
- Seal faces: SiC/SiC or SiC/SiC
O-rings: PTFE (product side), EPDM, Viton
Metal parts: EN 1.4436/1.4460 (AISI 316/329)
Springs: EN 1.4436 (AISI 316)
- Process pumps
Hundreds of experts. Over 200 global locations. Innovation and service to help you succeed.