Abrasive, Chemical and Extrusion-resistant Packings
John Crane styles C1061, C1064, C1072 and 1993 are ideal for abrasive services where packing extrusion and sleeve or shaft wear are a concern. These products maintain structural and dimensional stability, offering enhanced performance due to the combination of high-quality fibers constituting body construction and the reinforcement of carefully selected aramid or polyimide fiber external corners. These styles also feature chemical resistance and reduced hardware damage as opposed to packings constructed of high-percentage aramid fibers.
- California Residents: PROPOSITION 65 WARNING
- C1061 — A combination of PTFE impregnated synthetic and aramid fibers offering the extrusion and abrasion resistance ideal for general service.
- C1064 — A combination of graphite impregnated PTFE and aramid fibers offering the extrusion and abrasion resistance ideal for a wide range of abrasive and chemical services.
- C1065P — A combination of graphite impregnated PTFE and polyimide fibers resulting in a high chemically resistant packing with non-scoring abrasion resistant corners.
- C1072 — A combination of non-contaminating virgin PTFE and aramid fibers offering the extrusion and abrasion resistance ideal for a wide range of abrasive and chemical services.
- Applications — Dynamic/abrasives, water, chemicals, acids, medium caustics, corrosives, gases, air, oils, steam, solvents, wastewater, slurries, paper stock, liquors, asphalt, fly ash and condensate.
- Standard sizes — Styles C1061, C1064, C1065P, and C1072 are available in standard cross-section sizes from 1/4" to 1" in 1/16" increments.
- Temperature Limits
- C1061: -170°F to 500°F/-110°C to 260°C
C1064/C1065P: -350°F to 550°F/-212°C to 288°C
C1072: -450°F to 500°F/-268°C to 260°C
- Pressure Limits
- C1061 pump: 400 psi(g)/28 bar(g)
C1064/C1065P pump: 500 psi(g)/34 bar(g)
C1072 pump: 400 psi(g)/28 bar(g)
- Speed Limits
- C1061/C1072: 2250fpm/11m/s
- pH Range
- C1061/C1064/C1072: 2 to 12
C1065P: 0 to 12