General-purpose All-metal Membrane Coupling
John Crane’s Metastream® L Series range of membrane (disc) couplings are specifically designed to provide a cost-effective solution for demanding industrial applications. They are metallic membrane couplings that incorporate industry leading scalloped, stainless steel, flexible membranes. The membranes are supplied in a pre-assembled pack which helps reduce installation issues and ensures you have the correct number of membranes installed to keep your equipment running smoothly. Scalloped hub boss and specially designed drive bolting ensure the coupling selected is the ideal size for your application. The coupling provides a strong level of angular, lateral and axial misalignment.
Recommended for You
- California Residents: PROPOSITION 65 WARNING
- Fit and forget: The L Series coupling is designed for infinite life and with correct machinery alignment will out last the machines it connects.
- Overload protection: The coupling is fitted with overload collars to prevent membrane rupture in the event of severe torsional overload.
- Low imposed loads: The membranes have been designed to optimize their torque capability, whilst minimizing the reaction forces due to misalignment, thus maximizing the life of the machines connected.
- Zero maintenance: The all-metal construction has no relative moving parts, and hence requires no lubrication or routine maintenance increasing reliability.
- No backlash: The coupling design, with fitted bolts, and torsionally stiff membranes ensures that there is zero backlash. This makes the coupling ideal for drives where constant speed is crucial.
- Spark-resistant option. Hazardous areas require spark-resistant couplings. This is achieved by replacing the overload collars with components manufactured from non-ferrous metals
- Maximum Rating
- 25,000 kW/1000 rpm or 3,353 HP/100 rpm
- Maximum Continuous Torque
- 238,000 Nm or 2,106,479 lb.in
- Maximum Peak Torque
- 476,000 Nm or 4,212,957 lb.in.
- Maximum Speed
- 22,000 rpm
- Maximum Bore (Shaft)
- 346 mm or 13.62"
- Process pumps
- Mixer and agitators
- Electric motors
- Driven machinery
- Other rotating equipment
- General-purpose low-duty applications
- Power generation
- Standard bore process pumps