Emission Packing Set
John Crane five-ring, test-proven emission packing sets (EPS-1 and EPS-2) combine John Crane G58I and Crane-Foil® packing to provide the best emission compliant packing available. Test results have proven conclusively that these packing sets will contain valve emissions to below 500 ppm.
Two high-density John Crane G58I graphite die-formed rings form the top and bottom sealing rings. A high-strength, high-temperature wire mesh encapsulates the yarn, providing additional tensile strength and extrusion resistance. These rings ensure compression of the middle sealing rings and will prevent any packing extrusion.
Three medium-density Crane-foil die-formed rings with internal wave comprise the center sealing rings, which are completely contained between the end rings.
Recommended for You
- California Residents: PROPOSITION 65 WARNING
- EPS series packing — Our low-leakage EPS consisting of a resized set of rings. This set can be either statically loaded or live-loaded. Specifications for live-loading include spring configuration and gland bolt torque requirements.
- EPS1 — This packing set will seal the majority of liquids, light hydrocarbons and gases, encountered in a refinery or petrochemical plant. In addition, excellent for high-temperature, high-pressure steam applications.
- EPS2 — Designed with concave/convex middle rings and end rings effectively reducing valve stem torque requirements. This design is recommended for control valves that have a high cycle frequency.
- End rings — John Crane's Style G58I rings are manufactured by using a high-purity, flexible graphite yarn which is first braided and then die formed into high-density end rings. The Crane-foil flexible graphite yarn is reinforced with a high strength.
- Middle rings – The middle rings are manufactured from John Crane’s Style 267 Crane-foil flexible graphite tape which contains a passive inhibitor. The flexible graphite contains no binders and is chemically inert. The rings are die-formed using a unique process.
- Temperature Limits
- Non-oxidizing atmosphere: 1200°F/650°C
Oxidizing atmosphere: 850°F/455°C
- Pressure Limits
- 6,000 psi(g)/415 bar(g)
- pH Range
- 0 to 14 (except strong oxidizers)
- Process pumps
- Mixer and agitators
- Other rotating equipment
Hundreds of experts. Over 200 global locations. Innovation and service to help you succeed.