Automatic PTFE Packing Rings
John Crane CVU and CVH sets cover a wide range of fluids, including acids, caustics and solvents at high temperatures and pressures. These automatic packings have superior sealing abilities, making them ideal for critical service applications.
They require little or no gland adjustment and generate very low friction, heat and wear, thus extending valve stem life and reducing repair or replacement costs. Made from high-purity PTFE, CVU and CVH sets contain no lubricants or dispersions, making them well suited for non-contaminating services.
Recommended for You
- California Residents: PROPOSITION 65 WARNING
- CVU and CVH — Available in virgin, carbon, or glass-filled PTFE, and are molded or machined to customer requirements. Sets consist of a male and female end adapter for stuffing box conformity and middle rings that provide positive sealing for valve stems.
- Applications — Sets are applied in control valves, hydraulic cylinders, ball valves, and instrumentation valves where water, acids, caustics, solvents, oils, gases, and high purity washes and rinses are used.
- Standard sizes — Standard sizes range from 1/8" x 3/8" to 3" x 3-3/4". Additional sizes and metric sizes are available upon request.
- Temperature Limits
- -120°F to 450°F/-85°C to 232°C
- Pressure Limits
- CVU: 150 psi(g)/10 bar(g)
CVH: 1000 psi(g)/68 bar(g)
- pH Range
- 0 to 14
- Process pumps
- Mixer and agitators
- Other rotating equipment
Hundreds of experts. Over 200 global locations. Innovation and service to help you succeed.