T Series Close Coupled Axially Split Coupling for Medium to High Torque Applications (Metric)
John Crane’s Metastream TSR/TLR Series of close-coupled membrane (disc) couplings are designed with an axially split spacer to facilitate in field repair without moving associated equipment, even on a short shaft separation. They are metallic membrane couplings that incorporate industry leading scalloped, stainless steel, flexible membranes. They use the same technology used on the T Series couplings that meet API 610 (ISO 13709) and ISO 14691 standards. With an excellent power to weight ratio and fit-and-forget reliability, these couplings are ideally suited for your equipment with short shaft separations. The TSR is a six-link design for smaller power requirements, and the TLR is an eight-link design for larger power requirements. The hubs on this design can be flipped, allowing for different shaft separations to be accommodated with the same parts. The coupling provides a strong level of angular, lateral and axial misalignment, while maintaining a high level of balance integrity. An option for spark resistance is available.
- California Residents: PROPOSITION 65 WARNING
- Close-coupled DBSE, fully variable from 3mm upwards.
- Coated carbon steel for corrosion protection.
- Choice of hub configuration to suit DBSE up to standard spacer coupling length.
- Designed for the life of the connected machines.
- Fit and forget: the TSR/TLR coupling is designed for infinite life.
- Overload protection: fitted with overload collars to protect the discs.
- Low imposed loads: designed to optimize their torque capability, while minimizing the reaction forces due to misalignment.
- Zero maintenance: no lubrication or routine maintenance.
- Ease of assembly discs can be replaced without moving the connected machines.
- Maximum Rating
- 1,400 kW/1000 rpm
- Maximum Continuous Torque
- 13,370 Nm
- Maximum Peak Torque
- 26,740 Nm
- Maximum Speed
- Balanced: 4,000 to 9,500 rpm
- Maximum Bore (Shaft)
- 130 mm
- Electric motors