Abrasive Service Aramid and Meta-aramid Packings
John Crane styles K1730, K1760, K1761 and K1771 are constructed of high-tensile strength, abrasion-resistant fibers. Servicing a wide range of abrasive and slurry services, temperatures, pressures and shaft speeds, these styles offer excellent chemical-resistant characteristics. These products feature dimensional stability, resilience, conformability and extrusion resistance. John Crane recommends the use of hardened shaft or sleeves and flush to reduce shaft or sleeve damage.
Recommended for You
- California Residents: PROPOSITION 65 WARNING
- K1730 — Kevlar® filament fibers with PTFE dispersion and a high-temperature break in lubricant.1
- K1760 — Spun aramid fibers thoroughly impregnated with PTFE dispersion preventing process penetration plus a break in lubricant.
- K1761 — Spun aramid fibers treated with a proprietary blend of petroleum based lubricants plus an external coating of graphite.
- K1771 — Spun white meta-aramid fibers thoroughly impregnated with PTFE dispersion plus a compatible silicone-free lubricant.
- Applications — Static or dynamic/abrasives, water, medium acids and caustics, gases, oils, steam, solvents, wastewater, slurries, paper stock, liquors, asphalt, fly ash, condensate.
- Standard sizes — Styles K1730, K1760, K1761, and K1771 are available in standard cross-section sizes from 1/8" to 1" in 1/16" increments. As John Crane spools, these standard sizes are available for immediate shipment. Metric and larger sizes are available upon request. Packing can be die-formed to exact dimensions for ease of installation and enhanced performance.
- Temperature Limits
- K1730: -400°F to 500°F/-240°C to 260°C
K1760/K1761: -170°F to 500°F/-110°C to 260°C
K1771: -170°F to 550°F/-110°C to 288°C
- Pressure Limits
- K1730/K1760/K1771 pump: 500 psi(g)/34 bar(g)
K1761 pump: 300 psi(g)/20 bar(g)
K1760 valve: 1000 psi(g)/68 bar(g)
- Speed Limits
- K1730/K1760: 2000fpm/10m/s
- pH Range
- K1730/K1760: 2 to 12
K1761: 3 to 10
K1771: 1 to 13
- Process pumps
- Mixer and agitators
- Other rotating equipment
Hundreds of experts. Over 200 global locations. Innovation and service to help you succeed.