Abrasive Service Polyimide Packings
John Crane styles 1345, 1349 and 1349HC are constructed of high-tensile strength abrasion-resistant fibers. These packings service a wide range of abrasive and slurry services, temperatures, pressures and shaft speeds with excellent chemical-resistant characteristics. These styles are colorfast and offer the strength and chemical-resistance of aramid fibers without subjecting the shaft or sleeve to excessive damage. They feature dimensional stability, resilience, conformability and extrusion resistance. John Crane recommends that a flush be used with these products.
Recommended for You
- California Residents: PROPOSITION 65 WARNING
- 1345 — Polyimide (blue) & PTFE (white) filament fibers combined with PTFE dispersion and a high-temperature lubricant for enhanced performance and maintenance of a pH rating.
- 1349 — Polyimide (blue) filament fibers coated with PTFE dispersion and a high-temperature break in lubricant.
- Applications — Dynamic/abrasive, water, acids and caustics, gases, oils, steam, solvents, waster water, slurries, paper stock, liquors, asphalt, fly ash, condensate.
- Standard sizes — Style 1345 is available in standard cross-section sizes from 3/16" to 1" in 1/16" increments.
- Style 1349 is available in standard cross-section sizes from 1/8" to 1" in 1/16" increments.
- As John Crane spools, these standard sizes are available for immediate shipment.
- Metric and larger sizes are available upon request. Packing can be die-formed to exact dimensions for ease of installation and enhanced performance.
- Temperature Limits
- -170°F to 550°F/-110°C to 288°C
- Pressure Limits
- 1345/1349 pump: 500 psi(g)/34 bar(g)
1345/1349 valve: 4,000 psi(g)/275 bar(g)
- Speed Limits
- pH Range
- 0 to 12
- Process pumps
- Mixer and agitators
- Other rotating equipment